Friday, June 29, 2007

Maren's Trip to Russia

Miss Maren in Moscow's Red Square. It was fun to be here, because now I can know where people are in all the movies that are filmed here.

At the Bolshoi's performance of Giselle in Moscow. Such an amazing theater!

My new Szapka. I bought this on the street in a small town off the Volga River. I don' t know if I'll ever muster up the confidence to wear it, but I have it. One day, I'm sure the perfect chance will come up.

This is a secret picture taken by my boss. In this monestary, women have to cover their hair and wear skirts. If you don't have one (as I did not), they have hands outs. I was a nice little Russian Orthodox nun for an hour.

The Volga River at on a "White Night." It was probably about midnight when I took this picture on a calm night.

Sights like this in every city in Russia.

The trip had 5 high school boys. I made friends with them and we all loved each other. We played cards, had movie night, went for a hike. I guess I liked them so much because I miss my seminary friends.

Now this is a "St. Petersburg White Night!" A few of us stayed out the whole night, well, till four, but it was light the whole time. If you can see, that is my watch showing that it is 2:30 in the morning and you can see how light it is in this picture of the Hermitage.

No comments: